Tourist boats on the Teknaf – St Martin route start operating from Tuesday

Tourist vessels will begin operating on the Teknaf – Cox’s Bazar route from Tuesday, confirmed Amin Al Parvez, additional deputy commissioner (revenue) of Cox’s Bazar.

Keari Cruise and Dine will carry some 300 passengers on Tuesday, said Tofail Ahmed, chairman of the district branch of Podokkhep Bangladesh, a tourism organization.

Six other vessels – Keari Sindabad, Keari Dine, Parijaat, Farhan, Rajhangsho and Sukanta Babu – have already submitted requests to the district administration to be allowed to operate on the route, Ahmed added.

Authorities will monitor the situation once Keari Cruise and Dine starts operating and then allow more ships to circulate, said Abu Sufian, additional district magistrate (in charge of tourism), Cox’s Bazar.

Anowar Hossain, from Keari Tours and Services Ltd’s office in Cox’s Bazar, said there was an impressive turnout on Sunday from people wanting to book tickets for Tuesday.

Earlier on November 1, authorities began repairing the old Saint-Martin pier which has been in a dangerous state for some time now. Even though the tourist season began on September 27, authorities suspended operations of tourist ships to the island for safety reasons and only service boats were allowed to travel on the route.

Mujibur Rahman, president of the Union Awami League of Saint Martin and owner of a hotel, said that almost a month and a half had passed since the start of the tourist season, so hoteliers have already suffered. losses.

“But we are now ready to welcome tourists if all goes well,” he added.


Source link

Comments are closed.