Irish Rail announces the cancellation of a number of train lines in Kildare
Some trains serving Athy, Kildare Town, Monasterevin, Celbridge / Hazelhatch and Newbridge have been canceled for the remainder of the week.
Irish Rail confirmed in a recent statement that around 20 of its services are being canceled for the remainder of the week due to COVID-19 and lack of close contact.
These services will be affected for a certain number of days: specifically, until Friday inclusive.
The following services are canceled:
- 06: 12hrs & 07: 19hrs Newbridge at Grand Canal Dock
- 6.30am from Carlow to Heuston
- 7:35 a.m. from Newbridge to Heuston
- 8:17 a.m., 10:32 a.m., 12:35 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 5:52 p.m., 7:32 p.m. and 9:35 p.m. From Hazelhatch to the Grand Canal Dock
- 3:08 p.m. Newbridge to Pearse
- 7:26 a.m., 9:11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 4:28 p.m., 4:59 p.m., 6:40 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Quai du Grand Canal in Hazelhatch
- 1:30 p.m. and 6:17 p.m. from the Grand Canal quay in Newbridge
Barry Kenny of Irish Rail told host Shane Beatty at Newstalk FM’s information breakfast: “Like every employer, like every service provider right now, with the number of cases that are in the country… this is not something we can escape.
He added: “We just have – especially at Heuston right now – a number there which unfortunately means it’s inevitable.
Mr Kenny also said that Irish Rail will work throughout this process to ensure that we minimize the impact on as many services as possible.
Further information on Irish Rail’s COVID-19 policies, in addition to updates regarding train routes in Kildare, can be found by clicking on here.