Irish Rail announces cancellations for a number of Kildare rail routes
Some trains serving Athy, Kildare Town, Monasterevin, Celbridge/Hazelhatch and Newbridge have been canceled for the rest of the week.
Irish Rail confirmed in a recent statement that around 20 of its services are canceled for the remainder of this week due to COVID-19 and absences of close contacts.
These services will be affected for a certain number of days: more precisely until Friday included.
The following services are cancelled:
- 6:12 am and 7:19 am from Newbridge to Grand Canal Quay
- 6:30 a.m. Carlow to Heuston
- 07:35 Newbridge to Heuston
- 8:17 a.m., 10:32 a.m., 12:35 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 5:52 p.m., 7:32 p.m. and 9:35 p.m. Hazelhatch at Grand Canal Dock
- 3:08 p.m. Newbridge to Pearse
- 7:26 a.m., 9:11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 4:28 p.m., 4:59 p.m., 6:40 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. From Grand Canal quay to Hazelhatch
- 1:30 p.m. and 6:17 p.m. from Grand Canal Quay in Newbridge
Irish Rail’s Barry Kenny told host Shane Beatty on Newstalk FM’s breakfast briefing: “As every employer, like every service provider at this time, with the number of cases that are in the country …it’s not something we can escape.
He added: “We just – especially in Heuston at the moment – have a number there which unfortunately means it’s unavoidable.
Mr Kenny also said Irish Rail would work throughout this to ensure we minimize the impact on as many services as possible.
Further information on Irish Rail’s COVID-19 policies, in addition to updates on train routes in Kildare, can be found by clicking here.